How to get your mind going? 3 useful writing tools for expanding your thoughts!
1) Mind Mapping/ Thought Bubbles/Story Webs
Prompt: Invent a New Toy
- How is this toy going to be used?
- Who is going to play with this toy?
- How does it work, does it need batteries?
- What is it made of?
- How do you use it?
2) List Making Prompt: I Am Special Because…
- 1. “Nobody is exactly like me”
- 2. Something about your morals?
- 3. Something about how you look
- 4. Keep it going! What can you come up with for
- 7 more reasons you are special?
3) Uncovering the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of Your Story/Thoughts.
Prompt: Treasure Map
- Who- Child Pirate
- What- Momma pirate has grounded him or her from treasure hunting
- When- 400 years ago
- Where- An isolated island and on the open sea
- Why- family heirloom with magical powers
- How- Special whistle summons a whale.
Other Prompt Ideas:
- Super Hero
- Going to Outer Space
- Forest Fairy
- Forest Warrior